by G.M. Bist
"If not us... Who?
If not now... When?" ...quoting a Jewish Sage.
A SOVEREIGN GOD needs...
GOD IS SOVEREIGN YET SOMETIMES NEEDS individuals to perform His Will. In times past God, determined to deliver Israel from her enemies, still required a Moses, a Joshua, an Esther, a Gideon... GOD PROMISED THROUGH JEREMIAH THAT ISRAEL shall survive as a people, but yet still needs human assistance. During the Holocaust some individuals were used of God to prevent the planned extermination of Israel by her enemies.
ISRAEL NOW HAS A TERRITORY... A STATE.
The people have regathered in their own land. The formerly divided nation is now ONE, just as Hosea prophesied 700 years before the birth of Jesus Christ. AGAIN GOD HAS REBUKED HER ENEMIES WHO said..."Come let us cut them off from being a nation so that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance." THE WARS FOLLOWING 1948 have not altered God's faithfulness in defending His Chosen People. THE RECENT GENEVA ACTIVITIES OF THE U.N. IN WHICH THEY BROUGHT TO A VOTE THE CONDEMNATION OF ISRAEL, 138 to 2, shows how the world has lined up against this little nation of only 9800 square miles. Only USA and Israel voted against the resolution.
THE USA's SUPPORT EVAPORATED THE NEXT day when they disclosed they were about to sit down with the PLO.. this same PLO whose Covenant (Article 15) "...aims at the elimination of Zionism (Israel)..." When the USA met with the PLO they almost immediately agreed that Jerusalem was the crux of the problem. THUS OVERNIGHT THE WORD OF THE LORD spoken through the prophet Zechariah, 500 years before Christ, came into focus; "IN THE LAST DAYS... I WILL GATHER ALL NATIONS TO BATTLE AGAINST....JERUSALEM... I will make Jerusalem a burdensome stone to all nations..when they will be around about her in the seige... I WILL ...DESTROY ALL NATIONS THAT COME AGAINST JERUSALEM.." Zech. Chpts. 12-14
As it is written, "And the Redeemer shall come to Zion..."Isa.59:20 "BLOW YE THE TRUMPET IN ZION..sound an alarm in my holy mountain, tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;"Joel 2:1 "Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD shall preserve thee...Psa. 121:4&7 "I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them..for Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land" Joel 3:2 "WHEN THE LORD SHALL BUILD UP ZION, HE SHALL APPEAR IN HIS GLORY" Psa. 102:16
This is the Story:
HERE ARE THE FACTS!
ISRAEL NOW STANDS ALONE IN A WORLD HOSTILE TO HER SURVIVAL:
A WORLD THAT WILL NOT FACE THESE FACTS:
1) In 1922 the League of Nations gave Britain a "Mandate over Palestine" to carry out the intent of the 1917 Balfour Declaration, specifically for "a national homeland for the Jewish people". It was a Trusteeship YET BRITAIN GAVE 70% of it (all the East Bank) to King Abdullah for the Palestinian Arabs called, Transjordan, now Jordan.
2) The Jewish presence was again established in 1947 when the U.N. "Resolution for the Partition of Palestine" authorized in West Palestine, in the remaining 30%, a Jewish & an Arab State. (Jerusalem was to be internationalized). Not wishing to tolerate a Jewish state in their midst the Arabs rejected the plan...Israel reluctantly accepted the plan and declared a Jewish state on 14 May 1948.
3) SEVEN ARAB NATIONS THEN ATTACKED ISRAEL THE FOLLOWING DAY. The USA disallowed arms shipments forcing Israel to turn to USSR for supplies. In 1949, against tremendous odds, Israel pushed back her enemies and the world demanded a cease-fire along the Green Line.
4) IN 1948 JORDAN ILLEGALLY TOOK JUDEA, SAMARIA & JERUSALEM... AND EGYPT TOOK THE GAZA STRIP. From '48 to '67 Jordan & Egypt annexed these areas WITHOUT A WORD OF PROTEST FROM THE WORLD GOVERNMENTS NOR WAS THERE A CRY "THEN" for another Palestinian state.
5) IN 1967 FIVE ARAB NATIONS ATTACKED ISRAEL AGAIN...but in the miracle of the "Six-Day" war Israel, IN DEFENDING HERSELF, captured Judea, Samaria, Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip. Thereby Jews could now pray at the Western Wall...Jordan had not allowed this. South of Suez canal the Israel Army surrounded Egypt's Army and defeat was imminent. The USSR, who supplied Nasser, told USA that she would not tolerate an Egyptian humiliation...thereby the USA forced Israel to withdraw from Egypt. ONLY AFTER THE ISRAEL VICTORY DID THE CRIES GO UP "FOR A PALESTINIAN STATE"...since then the world has been bombarded with false propaganda and allegations that Israel is illegally in the land. Even Canada and the USA officially require of Israel that she withdraw to pre '67' borders, i.e., the Green Line. PLEASE NOTE WELL THAT NO SOVEREIGN STATE HAS EVER EXISTED IN PALESTINE SINCE 70 A.D. Should Israel withdraw to pre '67' lines she would be so small she'd be unable to manoeuver or stop her enemies; in one area she'd be only nine miles wide.
ATTENTION: THIS IS THE "REAL" PLO TWO-PRONGED ATTACK ON ISRAEL
Phase one: Through the U.N., negotiate Israel into the untenable position of surrendering the West Bank, Jerusalem & Gaza Strip.
Phase two: Then after a respite, very brief, to attack militarily, with all it's allies, from the North, East, South.
ALL THE ABOVE IS EXACTLY AS THE PROPHECIES FORETOLD IN THE HOLY SCRIPTURES. Nevertheless man's human efforts will come to naught. Jesus said, "I have come that you may have life and that you may have it more abundantly." Which means God has a plan for your life and for the lives of nations as well, especially Israel. GOD IS HOLY, LOVING AND JUST. GOD HAS A RESERVED SIGN ON ISRAEL. God has said to the nations, "Touch not mine annointed...Touch not the apple of mine eye." THIS JERUSALEM IS THE ANCIENT CAPITAL CITY OF MELCHIZEDEK, KING OF SALEM, CITY OF KING DAVID. This is where Zechariah the prophet says of Jesus the Messiah, the Christ, "Then shall the LORD go forth and fight against the nations...in the day of battle..and his feet shall stand in that day upon the Mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east..." Jesus Himself said, "Let not your heart be troubled, ye believe in God, believe also in me..." Jn. 14:1 "I am the root and offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. Surely I come quickly." Rev. 22:16,20
REMEMBER GOD NEVER CANCELLED HIS PROMISE TO ABRAM (ISRAEL) Genesis 12:3 when He said: "I will bless them that bless thee and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall the families of the earth be blessed."
GOD PROMISED TO REGATHER ISRAEL FROM THE FAR CORNERS OF THE EARTH Ezek. Ch 36,37: in May 1948 He fulfilled His Promise. GOD IS FAITHFUL, JUST AND ABLE. God never breaks His Promise. HE WILL PROTECT ISRAEL.. but He needs individuals to make His Will known...
PLEASE BE URGED NOT TO REMAIN SILENT about the injustice to Israel and her scriptural claims, and her legal human claims, to nationhood. And may individual Christians be reminded that TOGETHER, WE WHO KNOW OUR SCRIPTURES, AND OUR GOD, CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE by supporting Israel in prayer, words, actions, and our deeds, saying from the depths of our hearts; "ISRAEL YOU ARE NOT ALONE !!!"
"The God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and David is with you, and so are we!"
"Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God. Speak ye tenderly to Jerusalem... her warfare is accomplished...The grass withereth...the flower fadeth, but the word of our God shall stand forever." Isaiah 40:1,2,8...
THE WAY TO HEAVEN...!
IS THROUGH (YESHUA) "JESUS" TO THE FATHER
1) Jesus the CHRIST, the MESSIAH, came through the seed of Abraham, Issac, Jacob, and David to Jesus...as the Holy Scriptures truly foretold.
2) Jesus is the REDEEMER and the SAVIOUR spoken of by Isaiah and other prophets.
3) GOD IS HOLY and man is a sinner. "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away." Isa.64:6 "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God." Rom 3:23
4) GOD SENT HIS SON "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth on him should not perish but have everlasting life." Jn 3:16 "God commendeth his love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. " Rom 5:8
5) CHRIST IS THE LAMB SLAIN FOR THE SINS OF THE WORLD. We are "redeemed by the blood... which taketh away the sins of the world". Leviticus 17:11 1 Pet. 1:18,19 Rev. 5:9
6) Jesus is knocking at the door of Your heart. He is the Good Shepherd, the Redeemer, the Saviour. WHY NOT INVITE HIM INTO YOUR HEART TODAY?
Dear LORD Jesus, I admit I am a sinner and ask You to come into my heart and forgive me. I now receive You as Saviour and trust in You alone to save me, making You LORD in my life. Thank You LORD Jesus.
"But to as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name; which were born...not of blood, nor the will of the flesh..but of God". John 1:12,13
Copyright: you may freely copy and distribute, but please do not change.
Click YOUR back button.... or click here:... Return