BLESSED IS THE MAN.....
by Alan Yusko Feb 1997
This tract is written to look at some of the things why God would call a man blessed. Hopefully this will be an encouragement to all who read. As you read and learn some of the things that please God then all that is needed is some obedience.
BLESSED IS THE MAN WHO DOESN'T LISTEN TO GOD-REJECTING FOOLS:
1. Blessed [is] the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
BLESSED IS THE NATION THAT WANTS GOD TO BE THEIR GOD:
12. Blessed [is] the nation whose God [is] the LORD; [and] the people [whom] he hath chosen for his own inheritance.
BLESSED ARE THEY THAT HELP THE POOR:
1. To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. Blessed [is] he that considereth the poor: the LORD will deliver him in time of trouble.
BLESSED ARE THE CHOSEN:
4 Blessed [is the man whom] thou choosest, and causest to approach [unto thee, that] he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, [even] of thy holy temple.
BLESSED IS THE MAN WHO TRUSTS IN GOD:
7 Blessed [is] the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.
8 O taste and see that the LORD [is] good: blessed [is] the man [that] trusteth in him.
4 Blessed [is] that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
5 Blessed [is] the man whose strength [is] in thee; in whose heart [are] the ways [of them].
Psalms 84:12 12 O LORD of hosts, blessed [is] the man that trusteth in thee.
BLESSED ARE THE SAVED WHO KNOW GOD:
15. Blessed [is] the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of thy countenance.
BLESSED IS HE WHO HAS A TEACHABLE HEART:
12. Blessed [is] the man whom thou chastenest, O LORD, and teachest him out of thy law;
BLESSED IS THE MAN WHO IS NOT ASHAMED OF THE GOSPEL:
6 And blessed is [he], whosoever shall not be offended in me.
Luke 7:23 23 And blessed is [he], whosoever shall not be offended in me.
BLESSED IS THE PERSON WHO GOES TO HEAVEN:
15. And when one of them that sat at meat with him heard these things, he said unto him, Blessed [is] he that shall eat bread in the kingdom of God.
BLESSED IS THE PERSON WHO IS FORGIVEN:
1. [A Psalm] of David, Maschil. Blessed [is he whose] transgression [is] forgiven, [whose] sin [is] covered.
2 Blessed [is] the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit [there is] no guile.
8 Blessed [is] the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
BLESSED ARE THEY WHO ENDURE:
12 Blessed [is] the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
BLESSED ARE THEY THAT HEAR:
34 Blessed [is] the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.
3. Blessed [is] he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time [is] at hand.
BLESSED ARE THEY THAT WATCH:
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed [is] he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
BLESSED ARE THEY THAT OBEY:
1. Praise ye the LORD. Blessed [is] the man [that] feareth the LORD, [that] delighteth greatly in his commandments.
1. A Song of degrees. Blessed [is] every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways.
2 Blessed [is] the man [that] doeth this, and the son of man [that] layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.
46 Blessed [is] that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
43 Blessed [is] that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed [is] he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.
Two points that stand out is 1) They who TRUST in the Lord and 2) they who OBEY the Lord. To TRUST and OBEY... for there is no other way.... These should be the foundations for the Christian. Trusting and obedience is something that is easily said but hard to actually do.
We all say: 'certainly I trust in God'... but trust is not easy. When things are going well in life trust is easy. However during the bad times it is much more difficult to trust God. When a person goes through a hard trial of some kind the natural reaction is to wonder if God has forsaken or perhaps God is angry for some reason. At this point the person really is not trusting in God. The circumstances of the trial has weakened the person and their trust is weak. We walk a walk of faith here on earth. During those hard times God wants us to blindly trust in Him knowing that He is in control. This is a lifelong process. As a young Christian a person can trust at one level. However as the Christian grows in Christ, His trust in God should also grow. If we as Christians had perfect trust then nothing would shake us here on earth. We would be aware that God is in control at all times and is working out everything in our lives that touch us for our good. However this is a growing process and the more we grow as Christians... the more we are able to trust in God.
Christians should constantly work at having an obedient heart. If we have accepted wrong teaching then we should reject the bad and accept the good. If there are things in our lives that God would have us to do... then again we should obey. Obedience is really an attitude of the heart that is then followed by actions.
Hopefully this tract has been a blessing and an encouragement to all Christians growing in the Lord.
Click YOUR back button.... or click here:... Return