ONE DAY - WE WILL SEE A DAYTIME/NIGHTIME RAPTURE!
by Alan Yusko
1 Thess 4
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
Here are some encouraging thoughts:
We know the rapture will happen at an unknown time. In fact it could happen today! Although we cannot set a date, we can see the time period of the end of the age rapidly approaching. Things are being prepared for the 70th week of Daniel's prophecy. Israel is back in the land and the Jews have Jerusalem. Preparation is well under way to rebuild the Temple which the antichrist will enter one day to proclaim himself as God. There are wars, rumours of wars, death, threats of terrible disease and all other kinds of signs pointing to the soon return of our Lord. So as we look around, we can see all kinds of prophetic signs happening in the world. Therefore, it is easy to say, the Lord will soon return!
Perhaps He will return today, or perhaps tomorrow. At any rate we are certainly getting closer to that great trumpet call and the 'come up hither'. One day the rapture will happen. When it happens it will be daytime for some and nighttime for others. In an instant and a twinkling of the eye we will be caught up to the clouds to meet the Lord and our saved loved ones.
For some the rapture will occur during the daytime. People will be on the phone at work, others will be on a bus or subway, others will be driving their car or walking. All of a sudden the Christians will be gone! Instantly, we will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air!
Bedtime will be as usual. We will go to sleep planning to get up and face the next day. As sleep comes, we don't realize that there will be a pleasant suprise that night. All of a sudden we will be completely awake. Looking around there will be clouds! At that point we will see Jesus and our saved loved ones. This will begin our eternity forever with the Lord! What a great way to wake up during the night!
One thing for sure, we know the Lord Jesus is coming back soon! Christians have much to look forward to in the days ahead. We live in the midst of a sin crazy world full of pain, sickness, and death. Yet the Christian has a home in heaven. The Lord Jesus is building a mansion in heaven for each and every blood bought Christian.
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
Here are some comments about the above verses:
1) In my fathers house are many mansions. Now where is His fathers house? In heaven of course. There are many mansions, dwellings there. What does that mean? Does it mean that some Christians will be very close to God and others will be 6 blocks down the street? No it doesn't. Picture in your mind the temple that once existed in Jerusalem. In the center was the glory of God and around that there were dwellings for the Levites, the priests of the temple. In heaven we will ALL dwell around the glory of God! We will be close and intimate with God as that is what He desires. We will literally be in the very house of God as close to Him as we can get! What a blessing awaits us over there!
2) I go to prepare a place for you. That is what the Lord Jesus said. One of the things that He is doing when He returned to heaven was to embark on a building project for His beloved Church.
3) I will come again. If an unbeliever ever asks you the question: Did Jesus ever say He would return, you can show him this verse. Jesus said 'I will come again'. Pretty clear isn't it?
4) And receive You. Now we are back to the rapture. The purpose is for the Lord Jesus to receive the Church unto Himself. This is another event from the battle of Armageddon which will occur at the end of the 70th week or the Tribulation period at Armageddon. Here we have the pre tribulation rapture as the Lord Jesus receives His Church unto Himself.
5) Unto myself, that where I am, [there] ye may be also. Now where are we Christians going when Jesus comes again? Are we going to make a U turn and come back to the battle of Armageddon like the post tribulation or amillenial people say? Nope, we are going to His fathers house in heaven....that is our destination and not earth. This will occur at the pre tribulation rapture!
At the rapture the Lord Jesus will come and receive His people, the Church, to Himself. At that point we will experience glories untold. We cannot even imagine the good and great things God has in store for His people in heaven.
Until death or the rapture we must continue here in this wicked world. Even though a Christian is living in the world, he is not 'of' the world. Very soon the rapture will occur and we will be home in heaven! From now on when you go to sleep at night, be aware that the rapture could occur at night as well as in the day!
20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
RETURN .... or click your BACK button