What is the foundation of Rick Warrens purpose driven heresy? The goal is to build a big church. With many members money will greatly increase and so will the "pride" of having a big church.
The root of a purpose driven church is money. Increased numbers equals increased donations and the flow of money. With increases in money the church can build better and bigger buildings.
How is this goal to be accomplished? Here are some of the ways:
- Remove the Gospel message of repentance for sin
- Redefine sin so it is not what the Bible says it is
- Remove the Gospel message of consequences for sin
- Remove the doctrine of hell. Perishing for eternity in the lake of fire is considered negative and will turn people away and reduce church growth. This will reduce the numbers of people and hurt the donation levels.
- Format the gospel in such a way that the lost will come to church and be happy about themselves and their lost condition. They will not get saved but the lost will enjoy coming to be entertained. Just get the lost into the church so they will be happy and the donations will flow!
- Turn the church into an entertainment center for all to come for enjoyment as the latest fads and rock groups are presented.
- Use a perverted and watered down version of the Bible. Do not use the KJV which God has blessed since the reformation. After all, the KJV is written at a 3rd grade reading level and that is just too much for some folks to bear!
- Teach diversity where other doctrines and faiths are tolerated for the truth that they contain. Those who hold to the Bible as the Word of God are considered to be intolerant, judgmental, unloving, and narrow-minded. The spirit of diversity seeks those with an open mind that will accept everything!
By watering down and removing the salvation part of the gospel message the purpose driven church will increase in numbers. The latest fad is for Catholic churches to get involved in the purpose driven church. Since the saving gospel has been eliminated, the Catholics see no problems at all with the purpose driven heresies. They too would like to see numbers increase in their churches. Remember that increased numbers results in bigger donations!
Here is a short note of the growing trend of purpose driven Catholic churches:
PURPOSE DRIVEN CATHOLIC CHURCHES
-Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Church Seminars are now being hosted by Roman Catholic Churches. The marketing message on the seminar's logo reads: "Implementing the Purpose Driven Church - Growth Without Compromising Your Message or Mission." Since we know the Roman Church cannot, and never will, compromise its infallibly pronounced gospel of works and sacraments, we must wonder if the "Purpose Driven Seminar gospel is indeed the Gospel of Jesus Christ." It should not surprise us that Roman Catholic churches are participating in Rick Warren's seminars. He often quotes Roman Catholic leaders favorably. (Calvary Contender Feb 2005)
CONCLUSION As you can see the purpose driven church is a major deception in these last days. It seeks to strip God's people of the saving Gospel of the Lord Jesus. You see, there can be no heaven unless there is a hell. There can be no forgiveness unless people are lost hellbound sinners.
The main goal of a purpose driven church is money, pride, and membership. Rather than being faithful to the Lord, many pastors have given up their faith for 30 pieces of silver in their quest for money and a large church.
Little do these pastors realize that the most important thing on earth is to please the Lord. A pastor pleases the Lord by being a faithful servant who seeks to feed and build up God's church. The purpose driven church is a direct attack against the Gospel and the Lord Jesus. Those who do not love the Lord will follow after the riches and glory of this perishing world. The faithful pastors will reject and remove the evil of Warren's purpose driven church from their church assembly!
I strongly suggest if you attend a church given to the purpose driven way by Warren, that you get out and do so immediately. Be assured that the Lord has also rejected that place!
2 Cor 6
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
Click YOUR back button.... or click here:... RETURN