In this article we will briefly look at the surrounding noises produced at the time of the rapture. When the Lord Jesus returns to take home His Church the actual even will be very fast and silent to the lost world. However, the Christian will be exposed so some heavenly sounds.
What are those heavenly sounds? We will look at some verses that describe the rapture for clues:
We will start be looking at a verse in Revelation chapter 4. Some believe this is a call up to heaven for the church and others do not. At any rate lets look at the noises described.
1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
The following noises are mentioned:
1) trumpet sound. John describes hearing a sound like a trumpet talking with him. That would be a very strange noise. What did the trumpet say:
2) Come up hither... John was told to come up hither which was his call to heaven. Could this same call be given to the Church?
Next look at the main set of rapture verses:
1 Thess 4
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
Verse 16 above describes several noises that are related to the rapture.
1) shout. The Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud shout. Notice that the shout is loud! What will the Lord be shouting at the time of the rapture? Could it be a "Come up hither" as in Revelation chapter 4? We will not know the answer to that question until the actual rapture takes place.
2) In addition to the shout there is the voice of the archangel. What will be said at this time? Again we will not know until the actual rapture takes place.
3) Finally there is the trump of God. This trumpet sound is one specifically for the Church. It is a trumpet of victory and of our gathering together. This is very different from the trumpets of judgment found in the book of Revelation.
So what does all these noises mean? One thing we know is that they are not for the benefit of the Lord. The noises sounding at the rapture time will be for the benefit of the Church being raptured and to announce the event to all the hosts of heaven.
The rapture is a surprise event that can happen at any time. We know it is very close as it is getting easier to see the kingdom of the antichrist being setup. When the rapture does occur many of God's people will be surprised or shocked. Imagine going about your daily life (or sleeping at nighttime) and all of a sudden meeting the Lord in the clouds. That alone is a shocking event. I would guess that the sounds of the rapture will be a comfort for God's people as they will have to quickly re-orient themselves to their new eternal situation.
Click YOUR back button.... or click here:... RETURN