What is more important than the eternal destiny of your soul? Is there anything greater? Today people think nothing of their eternal soul. Most live for the 'now' with little thought of their coming death. After all, to many, death is some way off in the future event that usually happens to other people.
But is that a correct attitude to have? At any moment something could happen and you could die. There could be a accident of some kind or a very fast moving terminal illness. Life is filled with uncertainties and there really is no guarantee for tomorrow.
In this tract we will consider what is the value of your eternal soul. Is it worth rejecting salvation and eternal life found in the Lord Jesus for a few immoral pleasures?
Most do not realize this but people will live forever either in heaven or in hell. We have been created eternal beings and will never die. We are also all sinners in need of salvation that is only found in the Lord Jesus. People must decied to accept or reject the Lord Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.
To some people they seek to gain the whole world and all the riches and pleasures while rejecting the Lord Jesus and salvation. They literally want to gain the whole world with no concerns for their eternal soul. Here is a related verse:
26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Lets consider a few things that may be important than your eternal soul:
- is riches more important? If you were the richest man on earth and had billions of dollars to your name, is that more important than your eternal soul?
- is fame (Hollywood) more important? If you were a great movie star or a sports athlete and people loved you. Is that more important than your eternal soul?
- is immoral pleasures more important? If you had access to all the immoral sex you wanted, would that be more important than your eternal soul?
- is booze more important? If you could drink and drink and enjoy getting drunk would that be more important than your eternal soul?
- is the occult practices and enjoyment of the occult more important. God says the occult is an abomination to Him. But if you became the greatest witch or warlock and could do all kinds of spells, would that be more important than your eternal soul?
- is rock music more important? If you could be the greatest Satanic rock and roll musician of all time, would that be more important than your eternal soul?
- is power, political or in business more important? If you were the leader of a huge company and had thousands working under you listening to your every word, would that be more important than your eternal soul?
If you had whatever riches or pleasures you could enjoy for just 20 years and after that you would perish forever in the lake of fire... would it be worth it? How does 20 years of pleasure compare with burning in the lake of fire forever and ever? In the lake of fire the smoke of your torment goes on forever and you have no rest day or night! Is that 20 short years of pleasure really worthwhile when compared to an eternity burning in the lake of fire?
Here are a few short verses that describe hell, the lake of fire:
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
So reader, consider the value of your eternal soul. Is spending an eternity tormented in the lake of fire really worth a few years of pleasure here on earth?
36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him
So what is it going to be with you reader? What is more important to you? Do you want the Lord Jesus as your Lord and Saviour or is there something else more important?
Click YOUR back button.... or click here:... RETURN