The latest buzz-word of modern man is "tolerance" By using this word many hope to be viewed as open minded and thinking individuals. They wish to be tolerant of other views and the religious beliefs of others. The underlying philosophy is that all truth is relative. This means what is true for you may not be true for me. However all forms of "truth" are equally valid.
Christians are forever separated from the "tolerant" crowd of our enlightened society. The Lord Jesus made several claims that cannot be refuted without denying the Bible.
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
The Lord Jesus claimed to be the only way that a person may be saved. This means that all other ways will lead to hell and destruction. The only way to heaven is through the Lord Jesus Christ.
This is a terrible problem for the "tolerant" if the Lord Jesus is truly the only way to be saved. For Christians to quote what the Lord Jesus said cuts to the very roots of the "tolerant" persons' belief system. This means that relativism is a lie and there is only one way to be saved. This also means that the claim that there are many pathways to God is false. There is only one path to heaven and that is through the Lord Jesus Christ. All other so-called pathways lead to death and an eternity in hell.
As a result of this problem the "tolerant" must have a solution. They must deal with this "only one way" teaching of the Lord Jesus. The way to be saved given by the Lord Jesus is very narrow and this narrow way is not pleasing to the "tolerant".
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Therefore the "tolerant" become very in-tolerant to the Bible and Christianity. The teaching of the Lord Jesus is completely rejected and labeled as narrow-minded, bigoted, and evil. It is considered very socially unacceptable to be labeled as "intolerant" in our "enlightened" society. This is the position Christianity finds itself in these last days.
STAND OR COMPROMISE
In light of the "tolerant" attitude of society, Christians must either take a stand for Biblical truth or to compromise their faith. Those who take a stand risk bearing the name "intolerant" or bigot. One day during the kingdom of the antichrist, the "intolerant" will be captured and put to death. The "tolerant" viewpoints of today are paving the way for the death and destruction of the "intolerant" after the antichrist rises to power.
Today those who take a stand risk rejection, name calling, and persecution. For some who profess to be a Christian, it is much easier to compromise and join the ranks of the "tolerant". In fact one of the major signs of the last days is apostasy or the rejection of Biblical truth. Part of rejecting Biblical truth is a willingness to compromise with evil and false doctrines.
Here are some ways tolerance is being used today:
- Tolerance is used to ignore sound Biblical doctrine
- Tolerance is used to avoid separation from evil, compromise, and ungodliness
- Tolerance is used to avoid taking a stand against evil
- Tolerance is used to reject the fact that the Lord Jesus is the only way to be saved
- Tolerance is used to gain the acceptance of the world
- Tolerance is used to justify the acceptance of sin and evil
- Tolerance is used by Satan to lead and deceive many souls away from the saving Gospel in the Lord Jesus. The goal is the eternal damnation of the soul.
- Tolerance is the foundation for doctrineless preaching. Apostates say they want Jesus while rejecting His doctrine.
- Tolerance is used by those who claim there are many paths to God
- Tolerance is used by those who claim that the Bible is not the only revelation from God.
- Tolerance is used by the socially acceptable as they mock and attack the "intolerant"
It's time to take a solid and firm stand for the Lord Jesus. Soon the Lord will return to rapture His Church to heaven. Any day we could be found standing before the throne of God. Will you be ready for that day? Will you be part of the 'intolerant' ones who stand fast on the Word of God?
Click YOUR back button.... or click here:... RETURN