No matter what we do I would say we have all had our spirits vexed by the simple fact of living in an evil and Godless world. This world is ripe for judgment and that day is quickly coming!
Below is a description of Lot who also had his spirit vexed by living in the city of Sodom:
2 Peter 2
4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;
7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)
9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
Noticed verse 7 and 8 above about Lot. Here was a righteous man living in a society full of depraved people. As a result of living in a evil and depraved society, Lot's spirit was vexed. Although Lot did not involve himself with the evil deeds, he still heard about them and witnessed them in society.
Sadly, Christians today are living in a depraved world very similar to the days of Lot. Sexual immorality is considered normal as is the sin of homosexuality. Laws have been passed protecting the "rights" of the immoral and others who engage in sexual sin. For example, recently in the USA a court ruled that if a married woman had a lesbian affair, then that was not adultery. Isn't that about as Godless as things can be? Christian's are certainly living in a godless and depraved world! Christians are like Lot in that we live in a depraved world and cannot help but hear of wrong and immoral acts.
Lets look at some of the evil things in society that vex the soul of a Christian:
- Abortion, the murder of a baby
- Partial birth abortion where only the head comes out. Then a hole is made in the head and the brains are sucked out. The baby is then delivered, dead.
- Child abductions
- The push to killing the sick and infirm
- Serial killers who murder, maim, eat, abuse, and torture their victims
- Sniper shootings of random and innocent people
- Terrorists and suicide bombers who leave a trail of dead and maimed
- Wars and death on a large scale
- Fornication considered normal behavior
- Adultery accepted as normal behavior
- Sodomy accepted as normal behavior.
- Laws passed to encourage and protect the sin of sodomy
- Children taught sodomy is normal in school
- The acceptance of witchcraft (Harry Potter and the Lord of the Rings)
- Witchcraft, cults, and immorality accepted in schools while God, the Bible, and prayer is forbidden.
- This list can go on and on... do you get the point?
As a result of living in a godless world and society that is quickly becoming ripe for the judgment of God, all Christians have suffered vexation in their spirits. In many ways we have all gotten a little colder in the heart in order to adapt and cope with all the perversion and immorality happening in the world. For example, the first time you hear of a serial killer, your are shocked that someone could do such a thing. Then after the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc serial killing the shock wears off a bit. It is still bad and unacceptable behavior, but less shocking than the first time. In this way, we are all suffering with vexed spirits.
14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Just as Lot was removed from Sodom before judgment fell, so the Christian will be raptured home to heaven before God judges this world. While we wait for that glorious day, lets keep busy doing what God would have each of us to do. Be obedient and keep yourself from evil. Do not be influenced by the evil and occultic trends of the current pre-judgment world.
Click YOUR back button.... or click here:... RETURN