Many churches and pastors in these last apostate days have forsaken the doctrine of hell. It is rarely preached from the pulpits. The main reason is it is not a popular subject. In this tract we will take a brief look at the sad state of conditions where the doctrine of hell is rarely preached.
Many people come to church to feel good. We live in a modern society and our lives are busy. After a hard work week people like to relax. Many go to church to feel good. Being told about sin, death, and an eternal hell is too negative for some people. Pastors sense this attitude and perhaps even agree with it. So over time sermons warning on the topic of lost souls perishing in hell become rare or non-existent.
Some pastors even deny the fact of sin. They believe teaching that people are sinners separated from a holy God is a negative thing that will lower ones self esteem. Salvation to these liberal preachers is nothing more than a strong and confident self esteem. The Biblical doctrine of sin and the lost state of mankind is totally rejected.
The concept of making people feel good is widespread in these last days. Sadly, many churches seek to accommodate people who wish to feel good in their lost hellbound condition.
Here is a listing of ways liberal churches help people to feel good and to avoid the issue of an eternal hell for the lost sinner:
1) Big entertainment programs. Instead of solid edifying Bible preaching, the church works at bringing in the 'stars' of the music media to 'minister' to the people. Instead of preaching the Gospel the church is transformed into an entertainment variety show. Singers, puppets, funny skits replace good solid Bible preaching.
2) Rock and roll for the youth. Liberal churches lead their youth to Satan via rock music. Both religious rock and secular rock is considered acceptable by apostate Christendom. Again solid Bible studies is replaced by concert tickets to the latest rock and roll band. Youth events must have a ghetto blaster playing the latest rock music from the FM rock radio station. Apostate pastors justify all this with the line: "Freedom in Christ"
3) Feel good apostate and doctrine rejecting ecumenical teaching programs replace solid Bible teaching. The Alpha course, the prayer of Jabez, and promise keepers are examples of bland, doctrinless, and ecumenical teachings. Pastors who do not love the Lord are just lazy. Rather than spending hours digging in the Word of God, they would rather feed the people a popular "package" teaching series. This way they can look "spiritual" while people enjoy the program.
4) Liberal churches have no preaching on sin and hell with a strong salvation message at the end. This is negative talk to some pastors and they do not wish to hear any of it. Sadly, their congregations are in full agreement.
5) Apostate preachers gladly give people what they want and not what they need. People do not wish to be told they are sinners. Instead terms like "little gods", "kings kids" etc are used to increase the self esteem of the listeners. The goal is to be popular and to feed people what they want and will enjoy.
6) Pastors use feel-good pep talks for sermons. In these sermons the Bible is rarely used. A verse may be briefly quoted at the beginning of the talk. The Bible has no worth or value in these churches. Social issues and self-help psychological philosophies are expounded. Many in the congregation do not even feel the need to bring their Bibles to church. There is really no point as the Bible is rarely used.
The end result is a liberal church pastor with a liberal, doctrine rejecting membership. After the rapture such a church will be left fully intact!
Do you attend such a church? If so then get out now and find a good Bible believing assembly where both heaven, hell, and separation from the world are preached!
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Click YOUR back button.... or click here:... RETURN