Change the background color ....
In these last days many churches that were once solid in the faith have fallen away. They are no longer considered fundamentalist Bible Christian churches. Instead, these churches no longer believe in the foundational beliefs of Christianity. The Trinity is questioned as well as the deity of the Lord Jesus. The Virgin birth and salvation by faith apart from works has long ago been rejected. Instead these churches have accepted the sins of the world. Some of them even will ordain sodomites or women as ministers.
However this was not always the case. At the beginning these churches had solid Christian roots. They were fundamental and Bible believing. However, over the years liberalism creeped into the ranks of the leadership. Over time they took over and accelerated the falling away process. Today there is nothing left but an empty shell of what was once a Bible believing Christian church.
27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
Let's pause for a moment while I qualify myself. I do not believe that 'all' churches have gone astray. No, there are still some churches with pastors that truly love the Lord. These churches seek to serve the Lord with the goal of remaining faithful while being a place of blessing for God's blood bought people. Thankfully there are still churches out there serving the Lord. If you attend such a church then give the praise to God for that blessing. The sad fact is these churches are getting harder to find. We are in the days of apostasy before the return of the Lord Jesus and many are falling away from the Christian faith. Thankfully, there are still pastors and churches who have chosen to remain faithful! I believe they will receive a great reward and blessing from God!
Many churches gone astray started with good roots. They were once considered 'fundamentalist' and stood solid on the foundational doctrines of the Christian faith. But this is not the case today. Liberalism crept in and they slowly but surely fell away. Here are some examples of that falling away from within many Churches:
- Catholicism - This man-made religion has at its foundation the denial of the finished work of Jesus. They do not believe that the work that Jesus did on the cross paid for sin once and for all. Instead Catholics have their own man-made sacraments that are designed to merit favor with God. Even after death the poor Catholic must go to purgatory. There in the fires of purgatory the Catholic is supposed to finish suffering for the rest of his own sins before being admitted to heaven. This is false doctrine that denies the cleansing blood of Jesus, but to some churches they are willingly blind to these things.
- Billy Graham. Billy is a great spokesman for the Roman Catholic church. At all his meetings he has priests on the stage and sends seekers back to the Catholic church for counseling. Billy is also a big buddy with Mr. Pope and thinks he is a 'great' 'Christian' man. Billy has also had troubles with his doctrine as he has publicly denied that Jesus is the only way a person can be saved and has questioned an eternal hell. If a person says anything about Billy and his heresies, better get ready for an anger explosion. Billy is the 'darling' of many liberal churches. He can do no wrong or say no wrong.
- Promise Keepers - This is also a compromising movement that is very close to Catholicism and treats them as fellow believers. There are many web sights warning about the dangers of this movement. Yet the Promise Keepers get a big turnout from within liberal Churches.
- Denial of the sufficiency of the Word of God. The Word of God is no longer all sufficient for ones needs. Instead liberal churches put their trust in rock and roll to minister to the youth and pop psychology to minister to everyone else.
- Rock and roll - The belief is that the Bible can no longer reach young people. Instead they require rock and roll music to get them into church. Once into a liberal church they 'might' get saved somehow. At least that is the arguments given from within the a liberal church that has totally embraced rock and roll music. The young people are addicted to all kinds of rock and roll. It started out years ago with just religious rock and roll. Today the young people are addicted to all kinds of secular rock and roll. In fact there is little difference between a liberal church youth group and the unsaved. They both like the same rock groups except the liberal church kids enjoy their music in church as well. Parents in liberal churches let their children get addicted to secular rock and roll at an early age. Children 6-9 years old get obsessed with the latest teeny bopper secular groups. Now the latest trend is to have a contemporary rock and roll church service. Since the young people are so addicted to their music, the old Hymns of the faith are just no good. These young people are given a contemporary service with rock and roll hymns. Some churches are even having a contemporary rock and roll service on Saturday night. The idea being once a person attends this service they do not need to attend the Sunday morning service. They get their Sunday worship over with in the rock and roll service. Yet people will not change nor listen to any warnings about Satan's music. The usual response from a hard and unteachable heart is either anger or mocking with laughing. Some are even surprised or amazed that anyone would say anything against their Satanic rock music.
- The young people have their Satanic rock and roll and the older people have Christian pop psychology. "Christian" psychology denies the sufficiency of the Word of God. These are philosophies based on atheism and evolution formulated by godless Christ rejected men. Yet these religious psychologists somehow claim to use these methods to assist Christians with their spiritual problems. The real foundation of psychology is the attempt to solve man's problems without God. This is a very popular thing in a liberal church. All the latest pop-psychologists are welcome with their man-made theories with a couple of Scripture verses thrown in for good measure.
The big question is WHY? Why would churches fall away and accept the teachings and philosophies of the Devil? Why not hold fast to the foundations of the Christian faith? Today the Lord Jesus is very near and one day soon will rapture His Church home to heaven. Why would people and churches fall away in these last days? It just doesn't make any sense!
Here is a possible reason. They have embraced the love heresy. What does this false teaching say? It says it is wrong and evil to say anything bad about false teaching, false doctrines, or false teachers. Therefore wolves are given free reign from within the church to spread their heresies. For example, it is true that many liberal churches reject the charismatic movement. All the barking like a dog or mooing like a cow just too much for some to partake. However, to say that this is wrong, evil, or demonic is considered 'unloving'. The love heresy will not stand up for sound Biblical doctrine. Instead in the name of 'love', everything is acceptable.
Even though charismatic foolishness is not acceptable to some liberal churches, the love heresy followers will not speak out against it. No such a thing would be considered to be narrow-minded, judgmental, and unloving to these folks. Beside SOMEONE might get offended and that would be some kind of a sin to a liberal church member who embraces the love heresy! The goal in liberal churches in these last days is to be considered 'tolerant' and 'open minded' to new ideas and every wind of doctrine. This is the goal of the false 'love' doctrine heresy. One must not offend or say anything critical or 'judgmental' as that is considered wrong and 'unloving'. This is totally anti-Bibical reasoning. Here is what the Apostle Paul said about the love heresy:
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
Wake up people!!! Satan is taking over! Get back to the basics. Put the Word of God foremost in your life and service. Reject the things of the devil and re-find your love for the Lord Jesus! The real problem is the loss of love for the Lord Jesus. If a person or a church loves the Lord then they will stay faithful to Him. Things of the devil will be rejected. The Bible will be foremost in a church that loves the Lord Jesus. There will be no need for silly fads, rock and roll, psychology, or compromise. Prayer and Bible study will be a great joy, blessing, and encouragement to the people of God. Here is a warning about losing ones first love:
4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
A person who truly loves God will hold fast to sound Biblical doctrine. A loving person will reject error and the things of the devil that are so widely accepted these days. Stand fast as soon the Lord Jesus will return. Are you a faithful, loving servant of the Lord Jesus in these last days?
RETURN ... or click your back button