We are living in great days of apostasy. What is sorely needed in these days are Godly older women who are willing to teach the younger women! Many younger women have no clue concerning Godliness or holy living. Some are even unable to apply Biblical modesty in the selection and wearing of clothes. There is much need for training these days.
Keep in mind that I'm not talking about women teaching men in church. That would be contrary to Scriptures. Women have no business being in a teaching position over men and they have no business being pastors. Here is what the Bible says:
1 Tim 2
12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
I strongly suggest if you attend a church with a lady pastor, that you get out! That church is liberal and the lady pastor in a disobedient rebel before the Lord.
Instead in this tract I'm suggesting that older Godly ladies train the younger ladies. All this can be done within the authority of the local church. Home Bible studies is also a very good idea if it will work in your area.
Here is what the Bible says about the older ladies teaching the younger:
3 The aged women likewise, that [they be] in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
5 [To be] discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
The first thing to notice about the verses above is that the older ladies should be saved and walking with the Lord. Their life should be an example of Godly and faithful living with the Lord. The older ladies must be in control of their mouths and not given to gossip and slander.
They should be ladies who have known the Lord for many years and be very faithful to prayer and Bible study. With many years walking in faith and obedience with the Lord, they are in a position to teach the younger ladies.
Just to show how important this type of ministry is, the Lord even gives a list of suggested subjects in verses 4 and 5. Here is a breakdown of the list of topics to teach:
- To be sober. In our godless society booze is everywhere. The Christian has no business in partaking in the devil's drink or in spending any time in bars. Booze always hurts and bites like a serpent. No one is immune from the effects of Satan's drink.
- To love their husbands. Young women must be taught to love their husbands and to be a good help-mate. Older women can teach the younger women how to be good and Godly wives. Many women today are loud, domineering, nagging, mean, and unpleasant to be around. It's no wonder why the divorce rate is so high. Women are also to be faithful and committed to their husbands. This means no inappropriate opposite sex relationships.
- To love their children. Young women need to be taught to love their children. Younger women need to learn the importance of being a Godly mother and to raise a Godly seed. To some ladies, staying at home with the goal of raising a Godly seed is a terribly thought. These ladies cannot fire off their kids into daycare quick enough so they can get away from them! I have seen ladies who do not want to be home or around their children. They wish to be free as soon as possible from their kids. This goal is not a Godl goal! On the other hand, there are many cases due to economic pressures when both parents have to work outside the home. We live in a very expensive society and both husband and wife should be in complete agreement on this issue. Working for greed or to get away from the kids is wrong. Home schooling is another issue both parents need to discus. The public schools seek to indoctrinate the children in the occult and sexual immorality. Sodomites can now freely take positions as teachers to spread their perversion with the blessings of the lawmakers in society. Parents should strongly consider home schooling or private Christian school for their children. Parents need to get on their knees and seek blessing and guidance from the Lord in these areas.
- [To be] discreet. I've seen some ladies who claim to be Christians who dress like a harlot. They have adopted the worldly and sexually revealing look to their wardrobe. Common Christian sense should prevent these ladies from looking immoral. Yet somehow they dress in a revealing fashion.
- To be chaste. Morals are very important for a Christian. It is important for testimony sake to live a clean and a pure life. There should be no sex before marriage and no adultery after marriage. Christians should not adopt the ways of the world and live together before marriage.
- To be keepers at home. God has ordained certain roles for a man and a woman. The world, of course, rejects the ways and laws of God. The greatest goal for a woman is to raise up a Godly seed that grow up to be faithful servants of the Lord. This is directly opposite from the goals of the lost and perishing. Women of the world reject their parental duties as they seek high incomes and prominent positions in the job world. This is directly opposite from the way of the Lord.
- To be good. This involves learning how to be nice to people. It involves seeing a need and moving to fulfill it. This would involve helping the needy and encouraging those in need.
- To be obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed. When God setup the family authority structure, He put man in authority over his wife and the Lord Jesus in authority over the husband. This means when a tie breaking decision needs to be made, the husband has the authority to make it. In these last days this trait is extremely lacking in many Christian women. I have seen many loud and domineering women who are the undisputed boss in their family. Of these women the Bible warns that it is better to dwell on the roof than around such a person.
9 [It is] better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house.
- Older women get busy. There are many young women in dire need of Godly instruction! Setup classes in your home church or at your home and start building up the younger women in the Lord! Another method is a simple one-on-one form of teaching. Befriend a younger lady and encourage, uplift, and teach her in the ways of the Lord.
This is type of thing is not a job for men. The sexual attraction thing can always get in the way. But that is not an issue for older women - so get teaching, uplifting, and edifying!
This is a command of the Lord for the older women to teach the younger women in Godliness. So, what are you waiting for... obey it!
This tract ends with quotes from Proverbs chapter 31. No woman is a perfect Proverbs 31 lady, but there are many good goals for a person to attain to!
1 The words of king Lemuel, the prophecy that his mother taught him.
2 What, my son? and what, the son of my womb? and what, the son of my vows?
3 Give not thy strength unto women, nor thy ways to that which destroyeth kings.
4 It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink:
5 Lest they drink, and forget the law, and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted.
6 Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.
7 Let him drink, and forget his poverty, and remember his misery no more.
8 Open thy mouth for the dumb in the cause of all such as are appointed to destruction.
9 Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy.
10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
14 She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.
18 She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.
19 She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.
23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.
24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.
25 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.
30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.
31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.
RETURN .... or hit your back button