Here is a description of the 24 Elders:
"1. After this I looked, and, behold, a door [was] opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard [was] as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and [one] sat on the throne.
3 And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and [there was] a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.
4 And ROUND ABOUT THE THRONE [were] four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in WHITE RAIMENT; and they had on THEIR HEADS CROWNS OF GOLD." (Revelation 4:1-4)
- location is around the throne.
- Wearing White Raiment which is a promise to the Church.
- They had crowns of Gold on their heads indicating that the judgement seat of Christ has already occured and His Church has been rewarded.
9 And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,
10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. (Revelation 4:9-11)
"8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four [and] twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints." (Revelation 5:8)
NOTICE: - They are kings and priests before God. A direct promise to God's Church. They pray, they intercede, and they worship God.
- They have crowns on their heads. Only the Church will receive and wear crowns which they will then throw at the feet of the Lord Jesus in worship. The fact that they are wearing crowns indicate that the Judgment Seat of Christ has already occurred. This alone refutes the other incorrect views on the timing of the rapture and proves the pre-tribulation position as correct.
"9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; 10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth. 11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; 12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. 13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, [be] unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. 14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four [and] twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever." (Revelation 5:9-14)
- In verse 9 they say: 'and hast redeemed US'. The 24 elders are part of the redeemed who were on earth! Only those redeemed by the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ can sing the song they are singing! Another great piece of evidence that the 24 elders are the Church!
Some more points proving that the 24 elders represent the Church:
- They are numbered (24). On the other hand angels are never numbered
- Their position suggests that they represent the Church. They are seated on thrones surrounding the Throne of God. God gave the promise to His Church that she would reign with Him. Here are some promises the Lord Jesus gave to His people related to reigning with Him:
"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." (Revelation 3:21)
"And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel." (Matthew 19:28)
- They have white raiment again suggesting the Church. The white rainment represents the righteousness that has been imputed to the believer as a result of what Jesus did on the cross.
"He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels." (Revelation 3:5)
- They have a priestly ministry: They have "harps and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of the saints." (Rev 5:8)
This concludes this part of the Rapture Zone. I think there is enough evidence to suggest that the 24 Elders represent the Church. The fact that they have crowns on their heads proves the Beama seat judgment has already occurred. Only the Church is promised crowns in Scripture and in Revelation Chapter 4 they are wearing those crowns!
If that is true, which it is, then the pre-tribulation rapture must have already happened!!!
Click here to go to the ... Previous ZONE ...page
Click here to go deeper into the rapture.... Next ZONE ...
Click YOUR back button.... or click here:...